Unique Advent Calendar Idea

Tis the season for festive decorations, music and get togethers, my favourite time of the year πŸŽ…πŸŽ„ and with that brings all the over indulging in goodies, sweats and beverages. This year, rather than the traditional chocolate filled advent calendar, I decided to take a page from one of my friend's #momwin traditions and implement a new kind of advent calendar for my two kids. Thank you for the great idea Cindy! xo

This one is fun for the whole family and will be the beginning of a whole new tradition for us. For each day from December 1st-24th my kids will get to unwrap one book that is either winter or christmas themed and we will read it together! It's exciting for them to get to unwrap a gift per day PLUS educational by instilling reading fun and sentimental because it's invaluable time spent together each day sharing in the moment. I cannot love this idea more! The cool thing is that each year as they age, I can sort through and remove the books that are too young for them and replace them with a couple new, age appropriate ones without having to replace all 24 books. πŸ‘ I wrapped them in fun, kid-friendly wrapping paper and numbered them using scrapbooking sticker numbers for ease on my behalf ✅ I started with the winter themed books and then strategically moved towards the christmas favourites as the holidays get nearer ending with (of coarse) the traditional Night Before Christmas story. 



What kinds of holiday traditions do you and your family share each year? Share in the comments below πŸ’–
with love and gratitude,
Amanda 

Comments

Popular Posts