The Emotional Roller Coaster of Motherhood

Having recently worked with a life coach, I was given homework assignments to really get me digging deep within myself to see what barriers are holding me back from achieving my every desires. Although my main focus was on improving my success in my personal business, these assignments brought my 'bag of stuff' I've been carrying around with me my entire life to the surface. The stuff that arose were the stories that I have been telling myself which no longer serve me such as "I don't deserve to be successful" or "Who am I to think that I can be mortgage free in my thirties and retire from my nursing career". These stories impact every area in my life, not just my business.

As Louise kindly pointed out, if one area of your life is out of balance you will feel it in every area of your life to some extent because your core values are not being honoured. When you can identify what your core values are and you become aware of their importance to you you can begin focusing your attention on honouring them daily. When we are happy and feel at peace our energy radiates and everyone around you can sense it and are also uplifted.

What you think about you bring about, whether it is a positive or negative experience. By honouring your values and demonstrating what that looks like to your children this will shape them into the amazing human beings we all hope and pray they become, not to mention help you become the absolute best version of yourself.

So, instead of being so hard on ourselves for 'screwing up' the little things on the way that are inconsequential, we should focus on the million things we do right and praise one another by pointing out something a mom in your life is an expert at and you admire! 

Complete a random act of kindness and express your gratitude toward a mom in your life for all they do right. 

With gratitude,Amanda xoxo

Comments

  1. I love your memes! Very inspiring as was your post :-) Moms are the most important people!

    xo
    Beth || www.TheStyleBouquet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Beth, glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  2. I am learning about living my lifw in balance, being more positive and building my self esteem/confidance in my business it is totally possible to do those things pay mortgage off etc but to do that you have to belive in yourself that you can do it and everyone has it within them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Marie! You seem to have a great grasp on the power of belief. A great read that helps with building up your belief in yourself is called "You Are a Badass" by Jen Sincero (that is if you're a reader...) :)

      Delete
  3. So inspiring! Its so easy to get caught up in the wrong but I've come to realize that our mistakes dont have to define who we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beautifully said Kayvona and thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  4. This is great I think finding balance in life and performing random acts of kindness is so important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Do you have any tips on how you are managing to balance life's demands?

      Delete
  5. Beautiful piece of writing! Mom's are the embodiment of love, kindness and God's most wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts