Family Fun Bucket List Item MUST

Good morning everyone!!! 
     On this gorgeous long weekend Monday I would like to talk about one of my family's most recent adventures from this past Saturday. It is definitely something you should put on your family's bucket list of activities and we will be making this a yearly tradition in our home. We had such a blast making memories together while trying something new and exciting! Are you ready to hear what it was?.... 
     I had heard about it a while ago through friends who participated in another town but the timing didn't work for us so when I heard that it was coming to a town nearby on a weekend I had my twelve year old son and no plans I jumped on getting us tickets. It is....know as the Urban Slide. It is a Canadian owned company who got together to create a fun, unique experience for families and who have brought it to many locations now across the Country. It is a 1,000 FOOT WATER SLIDE!!!! This beauty took place right down the main street in Penetanguishene down the big hill heading towards the waterfront. Having grown up in this small town, I had never seen an event like it! It was SO much fun. At $10.00 per slide, the pricing can seem steep; however, the unique opportunity and amazing memories it brings with it are worth it in my books. You can also purchase three packs or all day passes as money saving options depending on what you're looking for.
     If I had to give my best tips and tricks for this one it would be to purchase your tickets AHEAD of time online and make sure to print and fill out the waiver ahead of time and bring it with you. This will save you money and time! 
     When you first arrive you are sent to the registration tent area where if you have not completed your waiver you must spend time filling out the gruelling form. Then you provide them your completed form and pre-purchased tickets and receive your wrist band as well as one of their tubes or boards if you pre-purchased those. Then you move to the tube/board inflation tent where they will fill your inflatables up for you. You also have the option to head over to the merchandise tent to purchase logo goods and an inflatable if you did not pre-purchase or bring your own. This is also where the beer garden area is roped off for those who are of age, staying all day and desire a cold one.  
     THEN YOU ARE READY TO JOIN THE FUN! Go get in line and climb to the top where, as you get closer, the excitement and nerves build watching others slide on by at speeds up to 35km/hr! 
    There were tents set up as change-rooms but it is recommended to just come wearing whatever you are going to slide in. Also, you cannot wear your shoes down the slide so make sure to either hold them in your hands or have someone standing by to hold your belongings and to capture all the fun.
     I will post our pictures and videos from our awesome adventure for you to get a glimpse of all the fun we had. :) 
     I hope you enjoyed this post and will consider trying it out next time it comes to a location near you! 
Amanda 
xoxo

***disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Urban Slide and was not compensated in any way for this review***





Comments

  1. Wow, it looks like you guys had an amazing time. I'd love to give that a goo and see how fast I could go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN!!! This looks like something I HAVE to do with my kiddos - they would have a blast on that water slide :) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. This sounds like so much fun! I'm sure kids would love this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts