Arbonne's Sunscreen For The Entire Family: A Product Review

With the summer weather upon us, I thought it was appropriate to do my first product review on sunscreen.

Every summer, I would find myself aimlessly screening the sunscreen aisles in various stores for 'the best one'. What did this mean to me? Years ago, all I cared about was finding the cheapest one that would prevent me from burning and putting me at risk of developing skin cancer. I also was a big fan of convenience which usually lead me to selecting an aerosol version. However, since becoming a mother, I've had to think about the kids and what's best for them and with recent studies popping up all over the place exploiting why aerosol versions are not good for your health this was no longer an option for our family. Another downside to aerosol sunscreens, as we experienced first hand, is the uneven coverage it provides.

Over the years, I  have become quite the ingredient/label reader and self-educated on some seriously harmful and toxic ingredients which further narrowed down my search for that perfect, safe sunscreen option. That overwhelming aisle suddenly became so limited as I began eliminating choices one by one. This was until my best friend introduced me to an alternative option that is 100% vegan certified, mineral based, water resistant and proven to be effective for up to four hours of wear! With options for both infants and children as well as adults, I had to give it a go and see for myself why her family fell in love with this brand. With delivery directly to my doorstep convenience was back on my side lol (I am all for time management nowadays with trying to balance family life and work life to fit it all in).

At first, I'll admit I was skeptical that they only contained an SPF of 30. My initial reaction was that it was not high enough to give us the full coverage protection from the sun we required since store brands that you most commonly see range anywhere between 15-110SPF! This was before I understood the rationale. It has been proven and been supported by various reputable sources that you do not require anything higher than an SPF of 30 to prevent sunburns when applied as directed. An SPF of 30 is said to provide 97% protection from UVB rays. Anything higher only contains more chemicals unnecessarily without being any more protective than that with an SPF of 30.

In addition to the SPF rating, you should also look for a sunscreen that protects against UVA rays as well which will often be labelled as a broad spectrum sunscreen such as in Arbonne's Liquid Sunshine Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 for Body and ABC Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 that I had agreed to test and review for my best friend.  With a 45 day money back guarantee, I felt comforted knowing I had time to test them out and give them a solid trial. Ever since, we were not disappointed and they have quickly become our family's favourites for not only providing us with impeccable protection, never burning when applied as directed, but also for its smooth, easily absorbed and non-greasy texture. I've personally tested it to the extreme of being a pasty pregnant lady from Northern Ontario and visiting the heat of Costa Rica during our honeymoon to applying it on my five month old baby girl who had never been exposed to sun while visiting Las Vegas with no burns to speak of.

I will give you a fair warning, the price point may seem like it is not for the faint at heart when comparing to retail store brands; however, they are a premium product and are worth every penny in my opinion.

It seriously never ceases to amaze me, no matter what test we put it through! We pack it for school recesses, family pool and beach days, vacations, barbecues, outdoor sports, you name it we have it packed and ready it go.  I would have to rate it a solid 5 stars in my books!

To check them out for yourself or for more information click here ----------------------------------> http://www.arbonne.com/Pws/amandagabel/store/AMCA/catalog/Sun,352.aspx

I hope you enjoyed the content!
with love and gratitude,
Amanda
xoxo





Comments

Popular Posts