Since lashes are all the rage these days I thought I'd shed some light on the subject. I'm not an expert in any way, nor am I a makeup artist. I'm just a girl who was embarrased to go outside my home or be caught on camera with my natural lashes. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way and would love to inspire you to feel more confident without breaking the bank or going through any tedious/time consuming eyelash extension sessions. My natural lashes are blonde and are so fine and fair that they look virtually non-existent without any mascara or cosmetic aid. It might seem vain to some of you but at the end of the day it is something so simple that makes all the difference in my confidence :) 
So the mascara trialling began...you all know how this goes. You go into your local pharmacy or other retail store and troll the makeup aisle completely overwhelmed by all the choices and claims.  You usually end up picking one that's been endorsed by some celebrity that has amazing, flawless skin and beautifully applied makeup that was professionally done and truly believe you can recreate that look yourself at home. 
Only to then have the disappointment set in: the clumping, the chunking, the stubby lashes that are not long at all just thicker and darker or the ones you have a hard time getting off because they're water proof. This is enough to turn anyone off and towards looking into other options like eyelash extensions. 

Depending on where you go these can be quite pricey though and quite frankly, all I can picture is my healthcare professional colleague after her wedding wearing her scrubs and tending to her patients with a makeup free face and these dramatically long lashes fluttering! They definitely weren't for every day wear lol. And if you've ever had the pleasure of someone else gluing on lashes for you at a makeup counter, you need to not be ticklish or squirmy or have eyes that tear up in response or it's next to impossible and the beauty consultant will curse you (like I did). 
However, if you are lucky enough to find a mascara that works for you, stock up! Three years ago I was introduced to a mascara that I cannot live without. FINALLY! It not only gives me that full dark luscious lash look but it also helps to strengthen and lengthen my natural lashes. Say what?! Makeup that actually benefits my skin/lashes while I wear it?! YES PLEASE! I could not be happier with the results and how it makes me feel. I feel like I go from frumpy Cinderella pre the fairy god mother makeover to Cinderella at the ball. Oh and did I mention it's vegan certified?! Check out my personal results below with just one coat:


I hope you can find your "magic wand" of mascara as well or whatever makes you feel your most confident you! 

With love and gratitude,
Amanda
xoxo

Comments

  1. There has been some buzz about Norwex, so I decided to research it out for myself. Some people call this legit while others a scam, so what is the truth?
    lets find out
    norwex reviews
    norwex
    norwex cloth
    norwex catalog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts